• Contributes to physician's effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives.
• Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
• Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies; interpreting test results.
• Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
• Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; discussing family planning; providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
• Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Develops health care team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
Health Promotion and Maintenance, Thoroughness, Clinical Skills, Informing Others, Medical Teamwork, Physiological Knowledge, Bedside Manner, Infection Control, Administering Medication, Pain Management, Self-Development
MEET OUR STAFF
Information on this site in no way creates a physician-patient relationship or constitutes medical advice for a specific patient. The information provided does not replace the need for face-to-face consultation with a physician. Our office is not promoting or endorsing any product or service mentioned on this site, and does not address the quality of any product or service. Our medical office has no control over third party links to our medical office website.